Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The little things

I was thinking today about what I could write for this blog and God brought to mind an experience I had earlier last week. I had been so frustrated with my hair since we have moved here. We have humidity that is more than anything I have ever dealt with and I have naturally curly hair that does go crazy in humidity. I felt like I was going to have to just go and get it all shaved off because I would go and wash it and have it look nice until I went outside to get in the car and I faced the weather for the day. I didn't like feeling so icky after I had taken the time to try and look nice and feel good before going about the day and being around other people. I finally realized that I needed to be praying about this. I thought it was really something that wasn't a big deal over some other things I needed to pray about, but I was getting frustrated enough that it didn't seem like there was anything else I could do at this point. I took this to God and he fixed it! Yes, he fixed it! You can not believe how happy I was to have this fixed. God brought to mind little ways I could make changes in the way I do my hair with products I already had. I didn't even have to go by any new products.

This reminded me that when I take the little things to God, He cares about those things too. He cares about these little things because He cares about us. He cares about the things that matter to us and the things that make us happy or sad, we matter that much to Him.

So then, I have tried to think about how this experience can affect another area of my life and help me in another area. I realize that as a mom, I am the most important human, earthly influence on my child, so I have to remember that even the very smallest things matter so very much to our children. Yes, I might be tired and worn out some days as most moms get, but the little things I do that day to help him feel loved and cared for make all of the difference in the world to him. I have been more aware of my son's need for me to notice the little things that are important to him when I realize and remember that God cares about all of our little details.

No comments: